● We use the Q-Switched laser for the removal of the following condition s: black or blue tattoos and benign pigmented lesions. Laser treatments with the Q-Switched accomplish tattoo removal or can help reduce the components ofsun-C damaged skin such as "age-spots"(also called sun freckles, liver spots, and lentigines).we are able to remove all colors in the tattoo due to different wavelengths of laser light which are attracted to different colors of tattoo ink.
● Lasers are machines that produce a beam of light that has a specific bic ological target.Some lasers target blood vessels and are absorbed by these. Some lasers target pigment,so hair follicles,"age spots" or tattoos absorb these. The target that absorbs the light converts it to heat and is modified or removed.
● Most people require on average one to three treatments for pigment re duction, and on average 3-10 treatments for tattoo reduction, performed every 8 weeks but occasionally more may be necessary. There are no set requirements for numbers of treatments, however, only recommendations.New lesions may appear over time; therefore, more treatments may be needed if reduction is desired.
● Depending on the size of the tattoo that is to be removed,treatmentm ay be very fast(less than five minutes) or quite lengthy.If the tattoo is small, we will normally inject local anesthetic to reduce discomfort associated with th e laser during the procedure.If the tattoo is large, then we will topically numb the area with anestheticinsteadDuring the procedure we will also apply very cold a ir to the area to further reduce any discomfort. The laser otherwise feels like a very hot pulse that is fired at the skin in the pattern of the tattoo.Immediately follow ing the treatment, you will feel some heat. We will apply topical ointment to the area and dress the tattoo with a bandage for proper healing.
● Tattoo Removal takes multiple treatments. The treatment quantity varie s upon patient satisfaction; average for most removals is 3-10, provided every 2 months. But not all tattoos may be removed with3-10 ormore treatments.